Apr 18, 2006

What would you rather be doing right now?

It’s Tuesday but it feels like Monday. This is not speculation, it’s my reality. So I dare ask myself the hardest of all questions, what would I rather be doing now? And I daydream. I let go and dream of surfing a perfect six foot wave with no one out. I think of eating some Coldstone concoction no logical being would even think of. I dream about finishing all the books I have pending. I wish upon a star to be able to hit pause and just write and work on my book for seven hours. I think I’d love to be jamming with my friends. I dare to admit that I’d rather be in an airplane going anywhere but here. I’d love to be having a really cold beer; I don’t care if it’s before noon. I’d love to be in bed spooning with the one I love. I wish I could be taking a long bath in a hot tub filled with bubbles. I wish I could be skydiving.

I wish a lot of things even if they won’t come true, you know why? Because it doesn’t cost a cent to daydream. This isn’t time spent idly, it’s traveling in a metaphysical way to where you’d rather be. It’s escaping and tough cookie, there’s no way I’m ever putting this down on my time sheets. How bout you though? Take five minutes and think of any and every thing you’d rather be doing right now. Now click the comment button and let it all out. Make sure to copy paste it and make a document with that information for future reference, because you should do most of the things you’ve listed in less than three months, if that’s not the case, consider revising your priorities or seeing how you can get your life to fit in those scheduled things.

As for me? Back to work. I had my five minutes, maybe you should have yours.

3 comments:

Lucila said...

I couldn't take the damn 5 min. I left work today at 9 pm. Now that I just took a bath and eat can sit in front of the computer to polish my resume that I'll be sending all over but first....my five minutes of bliss.
I want to take a plane a go to Sarasota, why a retirement place??? Peace and quiet, white beaches and art all over the place.
I want to sleep under Mr P's body while he whispers that he's not gong to levae me. I want a massage. And that's all I want...

Anonymous said...

Skiing; painting; watching cartoons; playing with my daughter; playing golf; sitting in a coffee shop in San Fran; ... the list goes on but if spend anymore time on this I will just up and quit.

Anonymous said...

Spending every second of my life with my girlfriend. I wanna love her, dance with her, play with her, and share laughs, smiles, and happiness; Playing music and touring the United States with a pop punk rock band; I want to be famous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...