Oct 30, 2007

All I needed was LOVE.



I guess there are some things in life that, when you see them, they can make you feel amazing and wonderful. They can be as powerful as the first time you see your child, or simple like when you see your mother smile at you. I've had quite some moments in life and those are the ones that never are far from my mind... and Cirque du Soleil's LOVE will be one of them, for as long as I live. I kid you not.

If you happen to get the money (and boy you will need a lot of it) and time to go to Las Vegas, please, by all means, save up and go to see this show. It is amazing. It will change you forever. I am not bullshitting you. This is the single most amazing thing that I have seen in a long, long time.

The show is made all with Beatles music, and no, I do not mean that they re-recorded it with some stupid people singing. I mean the four original dudes. It is, song by song, a story about love, humanity, friendship... I can't even describe it. All I can say is this: from the second it started, I got choked up from emotion and it didn't stop.

I didn't cry because I didn't want to look like a sappy asshole, but hey, come on... I was brought up with the Beatles. It is my mother's favorite band, and one of my own too. And when you see all your favorite songs, acted out, blasting in full surround sound... you can't help but want to cry from happiness.

Ever wondered how Lucy in the Sky with diamonds would be like? Ever wonder how Something in the Way she moves would play out? Yeah... makes you wonder. I have seen quite a few CDS in my life, but trust me, this one is THE show to see.

At the end, I felt like I a kid again. Thank you John. Thank you George. Thank you Paul. Thank you Ringo.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...