May 7, 2008
Yep, it's that time again!!! Mother's Day! I decided to celebrate a full week of Mommy. And one of my gifts is writing this, although I know she won't read it here - I'll send it to her by email... But hey, since I love her dearly, I wanted to share this with you, again. So, again I go. Here are another 10 reasons why I love her dearly. Enjoy.
10) I love her smile. When she looks at me I can ever see her little eyes shine, and I know it's pure love. Someone told me a mother's love is unconditional... it is very true with her and me.
9) Everytime I hear The Beatle's Blackbird I think of her. She used to play the guitar for me when I was a baby to make me go to sleep. It was a song that someone taught her (I think it was a nun or something). Instead of going to sleep, I asked for her to play it again and again. To this day, when I get sad, I sing that song in my head and I feel happy in less than 10 seconds.
8) I strive to be the best only for her. I made a promise to myself to always make her proud, and I think I have delivered. When I don't, I just try harder. She's such an incredible role model, you would not believe me if I explained why. She makes me want to be a better person, day by day.
7) She's more than a Mom. She's my Dad. She's my friend. She's my true source of happiness. And she still smells like cookies and peace.
6) She always knows, even if I try not to tell her, when I'm sad. Instead of wanting to know why, she just tells me how much she loves me and for some strange reason, her words make me feel loads better.
5) She had me when she was very young. She had a chance not to have me and go on with her life. She didn't choose that. She always tells me I was the best gift life ever gave her. You can't imagine how that feels to know that.
4) She is always wonderful to all my friends, even those that she meets for the very first time. A classy lady, yes sir.
3) If the world were coming to an end, I would run to her in a nanosecond. There is no person in this world who means more to me than her, and I would die in peace with her by my side.
2) The best times in my life have been spent sitting right next to her. Be it just yapping, cleaning her mac, watching a movie or even just dozing off in front of the tv.
1) I cannot fathom living without her. Period.
Feliz Día de las Madres, mamita. I love you will all my little heart.
PS: Since I can't post a photo of her, here is the closest thing. My mom looks exactly like Claudette Colbert.
PSS: Don't have a clue on what to give her? Do the top 10 reasons and send it to her. Also, if you want to, post them here so we all can share the mommy love. Have a great Mother's Day, people. We only have one mother, give all the love she deserves.
Posted by Me at 9:55 PM