Dec 10, 2008

5 songs that define: Joker

Having over 40 GB of music and over 1,000 cd's, this wasn't an easy task and though I might have rushed this a bit, I think I have a couple of worthy songs.

1. Pearl Jam: Wishlist.... "I wish I was the verb to trust, to never let you down." Words to live by, if you ask me.

2. Pearl Jam: Given to Fly.. Have you ever heard a song that just clicked with you from day one. I mean a song so powerful that well, makes you believe you could fly? Well if ever I become a filthy rich tycoon, I'm going to make a ride based on this ride.

3. Tool: Right in Two ... How often do I feel as if what is written below is what's really happening in another plane of existence? How often do we take for granted the gift we call life over measley pieces of paper and cotton, property and the illusion of material wealth? Too often, me thinks.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused
Father blessed them all with reason
And this is what they choose
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground


4. Rage Against the Machine: Freedom ... your anger is a gift... Nuff said.

5. Dennis Leary: Asshole ... every time I've quit a job, I either blast this song or hum it all day long. It's just my way of saying I care as much about some people as they have for me.

Our song, or one of the many songs that make me think of Madame Joker:

David Gilmour: Smile

I'll make my getaway
Time on my own.
Search for a better way
To find my way home to your smile.


She has the most fantastic smile and I can't wait for the day when I do just what those lyrics say.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

i can't stand when people don't pay attention the lyrics of music and just "like it"! interesting choices, too.

cheers,
kelly

Joker said...

I think some songs are just meant to be liked, while others are meant to be lived. Pearl Jam, Tool, Radiohead, Soundgarden, blind Melon, SMashing Pumpkins, Nine Inch Nails, Pink floyd, Led Zeppeling, The Who... this is music to listen to, find your pic and identify yourself. Glad you liked the choices, but trust me, I could choose like 20 more, EASY. ;) Who knows, you might have mail soon ha ha ha ha. Hope all is well luv.

BTW, my worf verification is cainc.... interesting to make assumptions on that. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...