Feb 11, 2009

Thank You, Mr. Farrell: A review of You're Welcome, America.


Almost three weeks ago Travis told me that Will Farrell's "You're Welcome, America: a Final Night with George Bush" was closing on March 15. That was it. I was buying tickets asap. I mean, come on, this is almost an historic stand up and I just had to go see it.

I'm glad to report, it was money well spent. Loads of money, I might add, but still... epic.

First of all, if you wanna catch it, I can only say one thing: you're running out of time. The event is completely sold out. If you want to go see it, there is only one way: purchase them through a reseller. Yep, that means cold hard cash. I saw tickets running as much as 400 bucks per person! But if you have a little money to spend, by all means catch whatever tickets are available and go.

Look. Bush screwed up big time, and there is no better way to spend an evening than laughing at him for an hour and a half, a bit more. Farrell's rendition of Georgie is spot on. Dumb as a mo'fo, a true idiot, a what the fuck were people thinking man who got elected. And what better time to go laugh at this sorry excuse of a President than right now, when Obama has just been elected? What does he call him? Oh yeah, the Tiger Woods guy. Brilliant.

A word of advice: leave the theater as fast as you can and wait for Will at the door on the left. Like a true gentlemen he will sign autographs and take pictures - believe me, hehehe. That will be the icing on the cake, meeting Will.

In a world where Shrek has a fucking musical, Will has saved Broadway. Period. Go see the President and clap. Not only because Will made you laugh... because that damn fuck Bush has left the building.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...