May 28, 2009

Five Logos that Define: Me

Been a while, huh? Yes my friends, time to think a little and remember with love the Five Logos that everytime I see them I think... FUCK WHY DIDN'T I DO THAT? Those little logos that for some are just nothing, for the rest of us are pieces of art. Note that these are not brands that define me, that I wrote about a few months ago. This is all about design at its best. So in no particular order... here are my top five logos.

1) PanAm.
Oh Jesus Christ what a lovely design. Since I am old enough to remember flying on one or two of them... This logo takes me back when my grandpa used to whisk me to incredible places like Italy, France, Mexico, Spain... Simple and to the point. The world is your oyster. Enjoy it.



2) FedEx
OOOOh... That little arrow hidden in there? Genius. Love it.



3) Coca Cola
Lovely. Red. A logo for the ages. Jesus Christ protect that logo and don't make them change it... Let only the idiots at Pepsi crap all over a decent logo. This one is a keeper.



4) Marlboro
Oh lord. Smoking. Just don't get me started. What a pleasure... The Marlboro logo is king. It defines big, strong... Ballsy. You have not smoked if you at least didn't suck on one of those. Yeah yeah. Smoking is bad for you. Well if you ask me... fuck it. We all die at one point.



5) Bacardi
Who was the fucking genius that said "A bat would be awesome for a rum logo"? Come on! You see the bat and you think "LET'S GET IT ON!". EPIC logo. Epic.



So there they are. My top five logos of all time. What about you? What logo tickles your private places in a very nice way?

2 comments:

RestrictionsApply said...

- Nike swoosh
- British Telephone (circa 1992)
- BP (British Petroleum, today's update)
- The original Apple Computer rainbow logo (what the hell does an apple have to do with computers?)
- Kiss band logo

Honorable mentions:
- The first X-Box logo
- Bank of America
- Snapple
- DKNY
- Mark Ecko

Anonymous said...

@ Restrictions:
The apple is Newton's brain-bruiser. The bite taken out is a piece of knowledge that's been bitten out (presumably by the consumer).
------
- Adidas 3 stripes (functionality begets style)
- American Airlines
- Miller High Life
-Buffalo Bills (old style)
- Fed-Ex

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...