Jul 16, 2009

A week Sans Soda: An experiment.


I've heard it over and over again. Diet Soda has a shitload of sodium. Diet Soda can cause cancer. Diet Soda can make you bloated, crave sugar or just kill you. Diet Soda is made in hell. Ok, ok. I'm exaggerating. I've just read time and time again that it's just not that "healthy". So, I'm doing an exercise. I'm quitting any type of sodas for a week. I'm not aiming for a month because... come on, that seems like amazingly difficult. They have people on Methadone for a reason. You can't quit everything cold turkey. You have to start little by little.

So here's the deal. I'm starting tomorrow, Friday. I am not allowed to get near anything remotely similar to Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Sugar Free Red Bull or any other crap that have some kind of unnatural bubbles. I am only allowed to drink Crystal Light or water.

I am also not allowed any juices, milk or even anything Gatorade-ish. Just water with some kind of flavor or none at all.

Why am I doing is? One is because I am trying to prove that I need to drink more water and that I believe that sans soda living will make me feel healthier. So, if after a week I am not killing myself from the Caffeine withdrawal, I will add another week until I reach a full month.

The final experiment will be? Tasting a Diet Coke after a month of not touching it. I wanna see what happens to my taste buds. (If you ever have quit smoking and you suddenly take one after a long time without doing it, you will know what I mean)

So, wish me luck. Now, a word to my favorite soda. Diet Coke.

Hey my sweet darling. I will miss you. I won't cry. I won't. I will try to remember all the good times with you. Maybe I'll come back, maybe our love is bigger than health. Maybe I'll come crawling back to you, crying my ass off. Who knows. Just... think of me, my lovely Diet Coke. I will think of you. Bye...

4 comments:

RestrictionsApply said...

Crystal Light is worse.
Go with anything Snapple.

Lubomir said...

Just water... and don't cheat we can see you...

Me said...

I can't do the Snapple. Too much sodium as well. Anything above 5 grams is deleted from my life.

I started today... I think this will be easy breezy.

Lucila said...

Girl you have guts!!!! If you can do this I swear I'll try it next!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...