Oct 12, 2009

Behind the Ads: Truth #12 - Ad award ceremonies are as real as professional wrestling


And in this corner…. Whoever gives a fellow CD a reach around. If by any means you think I’m bitter that I never won an award, let me dissuade you from thinking such a funny thought because nothing could be farther from the truth. Hey I might have enjoyed having a golden whatever the hell it is they decide to dip in gold plate for some fringe award ceremony, but the fact of the matter is that I never cared for awards. Maybe that has to do with my trajectory, maybe it has to do with me being dejected by so much BS. Who knows, what I do know is that listening into a conversation of panel judges is as much enlightening as it is nauseating.

Just in case you were wondering, or hey, maybe you were even proud of an award you won… well here’s some info for you, the fight was fixed, there was no competition, the drama you felt was fiction and the game was rigged. I know, I know. It hurts, but don’t worry. I also thought Hulk Hogan was really in the hospital after his fight with Yokozuna and I believed in Santa Claus. You too will someday wake up and smell the reality.

2 comments:

Thinking In Vain said...

lmao:
"I also thought Hulk Hogan was really in the hospital after his fight with Yokozuna and I believed in Santa Claus. You too will someday wake up and smell the reality."

Teenie said...

Amen! The last awards show we attended was boycotted by half the city's agencies--and I could see why. We vowed never to set foot in that wankfest again. What a farce, watching the same 4 people get up and accept awards for 2 different campaigns.

They take your entry money and then you sit and watch them award themselves. Not to mention the only thing the preggie ladies could drink was water....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...