Jul 9, 2010

Saving space

Since I’m apparently feeling a little on the green side of life, here’s something I do to try and help the planet. It’s not a cure all, but at least it kind of makes sense.

If you take your daily consuming habits, and think about them, you probably notice that you produce a lot of waste. Space consuming waste, if you need a first and last name. Basically we produce crap and that crap has to go somewhere. Amazingly, some people still leave their trays at tables with their garbage after eating, but for those of us who actually have manners, some places even offer recycling bins for plastics and aluminums. So you already have a choice to put cans and bottles into those bins and save some space before we sit atop Mount Trashmore. Something I do when I go to a fastfood is that I take all my waste and put it in the cup when I finish my soda or the same carton where my food came served in. So I went from consuming a decent area with garbage to a much smaller one. Consider this a pre-compacting process to trash compacting where you are maximizing the resources you are given.

How do you do this? Simple. Let’s say you have a Big Mac Meal. This includes a soda, your poor excuse for a sandwich and a soda. You eat and drink all you bought and you bundle the fry carton inside the burger carton and either toss, or try and take it up a notch and put it all in a cup. Is this more effort? Yes. But seriously, is it THAT much more effort.

Cheers

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...