Jul 18, 2010

A sunday playlist

When I think about it, I think few days are more ideal for listening to music than Sunday. Call it my church but it just seems to make sense to just put music and lounge about at home.

So in keeping with that, here's a list of 40 tracks to keep yourself entertained for part of the day. If you think there's something else I should listen to, if you think any of these songs rock, or if you think the selectin sucks, by all means, comment away.

Cheers

1. Thom yorke - The clock Acoustic Awesome acoustic version of a song from his solo album.

2. Beck - Paper Tiger - That album is simply amazing.

3. Blind melon - Vernie - Possibly my favorite song from the sophmore effort.

4. Indigo - Hard Sun -
Original version of a song from the Into the Wild Soundtrack.

5. David Gilmour - Smile - A song that makes me think of my soon to be wife.

6. Colin Hay - I just don't think I'll get over you - Same as above.

7. Tom Waits - Chocolate Jesus - I'm an extremely late blooming Tom fan... how the hell did it take so long?

8. Black Crowes - Thorn in my Pride - Excellent song from the Crowes

9. Spacehog - in the meantime - Wow, what a great one hit wonder. :D

10. Björk - It's oh so quiet - Now if this isn't a Sunday song, I don't know what is. High on the WTF factor and showtuny.

11. The Police - Walking on the Moon - One of my favorite Police songs.

12. Jon Redfern - I love the Sun - you don't know Jon Redfern... but you should.

13. Led Zeppelin - The Rain Song - Proof that beauty is timeless.

14. Comsat Angels - Falling - Yup, that's one of the songs from the 80's classic Real Genius.

15. David Bowie - Thursdays Child - Out of the vast epic catalogue of Father Bowie, I felt the mood to pick something more recent. By the way, can that man look cooler?

16. Pearl Jam - Hawaii 78 - A song that just gives me goosebumps. A cover of a song by big Hawaiian Bruddah Iz. Original version here.

17. Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I am - Ingrid Michaelson is the type of girl that isn't a bombshell, but you can't help but triple take. Her breakout song is super nice too.

18. Brandon Boyd - Runaway Train - Finally a song that reminds me of why I loved Incubus.

19. Tenacious D - Jesus Ranch - This song is rigagood

20. The Who - Baba O'Reilly - Now if you need a song to wake you up, here you go.

21. Thom yorke - Cymbal Rush - Another good song from Thom

22. Minus the Bear - Out of my time - The first single off their super solid last album

23. Pantera (Black Sabbath Cover) - Planet Caravan - Who needs drugs when you have music?

24. Circa Survive - Imaginary Enemy - Fairy boy Anthony Green drives the indie rock loving girls wild. Here's a bit of why.

25. Silverchair - Emotion Sickness - Off their possibly best album, Neon Ballroom.

26. Chris Cornell - Can't change me - a song from his first solo album. The one that DIDN'T SUCK. :D

27. Longwave - Wake me when it's over - A kind of old song I always loved.

28. Filter - The inevitable relapse - Song off their upcoming album.

29. Grandaddy - The Crystal Lake - Great road song.

30. The Breeders - Cannonball - Classic 90's track.

31. Flaming Lips - Vaseline - Another classic one from los noventas. :D

32. Primitive Radio Gods - Phonebooth - Long ass title I refuse to write in its entirety. Great song though.

33. Flight of the Conchords - Too many dicks on the Dancefloor - Hillarious and catchy. Fucking brilliant. Bacardi anyone?

34. Stone Temple Pilots - Between the Lines - Off their new album. Catchy music, good singing, dumb lyrics. STP at their best.

35. My morning Jacket - Librarian - Off their last album, which was one of my fav albums of 2008.

36. Genesis - Carpet Crawlers (Remix) - I'm always debating which one I like more. This time around I wanted to put the remix up.

37. Joe Strummer - johnny appleseed - This song makes me smile and want to surf. You can't get much better than that.

38. Pearl Jam - Glorified G - One of my fav PJ tracks of the moment.

39. Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook -

40. Elbow - Switching Off - One of my favorite bands of the moment.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...