Oct 12, 2010

One of the most amazing films I've seen in a long time: CATFISH!

Last saturday I got on a taxi cab and told the driver to step on it. I had to get to the movies at noon, because I didn't want to miss out on seeing Catfish.

Te funny thing is, I was speeding myself to a movie I hadn't even seen the trailer, not read about it... no nothing. All I knew was that people said it was awesome and that they couldn't tell anything about the movie so everyone could enjoy the ride.

And boy did I enjoy that movie. For me, it's Oscar worthy. Period.

So how can I review Catfish without telling you what happened? Well, if you have it showing near you, for God's sake, don't read any review who might have a spoiler. Don't watch anything BUT the trailer. If you do, you will miss out on getting totally surprised and astonished like never before.

Catfish is that good, because of one thing: it is a true story. And no, it is not a movie about what happened to someone and they are recalling it from memory. It is a movie that was being shot for one thing and suddenly... it turned out to be a complete different thing. And the genius thing was, they didn't stop shooting.

Ok so the documentary is sort of a cautionary tale, if you will, about how Facebook can impact your life in the most weird and amazing way. It is also a lesson on how the internet knows every little detail about you (which I have been preaching for as long as I can remember), and that it can be used to find out anything you want.

The other day I read a little copy line about the movie that said: "the last 40 minutes will have you at the end of your seat". Yup, that's about right. Another writer said something to the effect that this movie was "The Best Hitchcock Film Hitchcock Never Directed". Yeah, that as well.

Damn I am so sorry that I cannot even tell you the basic plot. I really don't want to spoil it, so the only thing I can do is show you the trailer and you figure it out. If you don't have this movie showing where you live, ask for it. Call your movie theater and go get your Catfish.

Love, Me.

1 comments:

paul kennedy said...

Not on down here, yet. I'll look out for it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...