Oct 5, 2010

When the Superhuman feeling runs out...

Funny how I always tell people to chill and take it easy but when it comes to myself, I push and push way too hard.

I'm exhausted.

Too many things happening at the same time have reminded me in a very fucked up way that I am just made out of meat and bones and am not in any way gifted with any kind of superhuman powers. Sometimes when it rains, it pours. Well, what we have here is a damn huge hurricane. Grab on to something, this is going to take a while.

The thing is, I cannot whine too much. While I'm experiencing the weirdest and most stressful days in a long time, for no real apparent reason, I cannot sit here and tell you how bad I have it. Why? Because out there, people have way deeper problems than me.

So this post is some sort of therapy session. Ok, Me. Take it easy, you will sort all the shit out little by little. Remember, things suddenly cram themselves up and you don't have a moment to breathe, but this is just for a little while.

Besides, there are drug junkies and there are worry junkies, just like you. All the things that are happening are normal. Nothing bad is going to happen, you're just scared of... well... changes. Now you go be a big girl and handle each one of them.

Why do I write this post? Well, this is for all you guys who are passing through deep and intense moments in your life, who are trying just barely to hang on and are desperate for a hand to grab you while you do it. Trust me, I know how it feels. Life can be easy breezy and suddenly it just becomes too much to bear.

The single most important thing you can do is acknowledge when you need help. Oh yes, news flash. We all need help. Want to know the signs of a stressed body? By all means, I have it (research is my forte). You are in deep shit if you have any of the following:

• Insomnia
• Deep sense of sadness/anxiety
• Loss of appetite
• Daytime fatigue
• Irritability
• Difficulty concentrating
• Sleep that never feels like "enough"
• Trouble falling asleep
• Trouble going back to sleep after waking up during the night
• Waking up at all hours of the night or before the alarm clock goes off

The laundry list can go on and on. So, if you have any of the following and are feeling a bit off, trust me, you need help. Reach out to someone. Anyone with a pulse.

We all need someone to back us up. And yes, we sometimes need to reach out and get help in any way we can. Friends and family are like gasoline... when you are running on empty all you need is a hug, a smile, a little chat and bingo, you're full again.

So thank you for those who are out there who have been my gas pump in these few days, you have literally pushed me to go some extra miles. And for those out there who need someone to hold their hand (Hey Lucy, I'm watching you), remember that you have people who love you, who care for you and that wish you day by day that you are ok.

Just remember to breathe and... I cannot believe I'm actually going to say this but... you need to have faith.

Much love and good wishes. Me.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...