Jun 23, 2011

I’m an excited muggle and I’m proud of it

I like Harry Potter. I’m not ashamed. I’m proud even. I’m not alone either.

If you’ve been hiding under some rock anywhere in the world, the last decade has definitely been marked by a lighting scar that has burned fiercely in the hearts and foreheads of millions of fans of the boy wizard.

The collective fortune generated by the books, movies, videogames, merchandise and theme park is simply ludicrous. It probably makes Scrooge McDuck’s life savings look like a puddle in the ocean of money known as the Wizarding World.

There are two Wizard countdowns going down at the moment. One includes the final installment of the Harry Potter series. If you read the book, you know what happens and the ending seems like an epic finale for the fantasy film ages. The other countdown is mere hours away and it has to do with the website you can access by clicking here or on the title of the post.

So what the hell is Pottermore? I haven’t the foggiest… and neither does anyone. Speculations are running rampant from new books, to an online community with games and stories, to a Wizarding Wikipedia to a direct connection into JK Rowling’s brain.

What it is, none of us know, but I can bet I’m not the only excited muggle in the world. That’s because this series has been a key to helping me keep my inner child alive and healthy. For the movie I’m re-reading the entire series and I’m up to the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5 of 7). As a fan, I can’t ask for more from this series because the books were great, the movies for the most part have been fantastic (Goblet of Fire was kinda sucky though), and the theme park was something else. This is something I look forward to sharing with my children so their dad can be their very own personal audio book.

What the hell is Pottermore? Only time will tell and I for one am glad that the Fat Lady from the Gryffindor portrait has not sung yet.

Cheers

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...