Jun 9, 2011

Questions to Ask clients Prior to Designing a Logo: The WAS way

While waiting for revisions I stumbled upon a great post from thedesigncubicle.com (click at the name of the post for the actual post). It's called 20 Questions to ASk Clients prior to Designing a Logo. Trust me, you need to keep this very close, because it's an actual great guide for them to fill out before you start working on their project.

But...

While their questions really do help a lot (How would you describe your services and/or products? What are the long term goals of your company? What do you want your new logo to accomplish?)...

It left me thinking... come on. Let's talk about what we REALLY want to ask, but don't dare to. You know what I'm talking about. You're about to start and already you know the shitstorm that is coming your way. And what if you could ask 10 Really Great Questions before you do that logo?

1) When I give you the quote for the logo, will you take days or hours to tell me how expensive it is without thinking of how much hours will it take, how much expertise it is needed to do a great logo... or just because you don't respect designer prices?

2) Can you be able to choose wisely or will you show it to your 80 year old granpa, your wife and your 3 month old kid?

3) Can you be able to visualize the logo with slight changes and approve a line of design or are you so limited that you will kill it, just because?

4) Will you have a revision fest with it?

5) Do you promise not to mix and match different versions and make me do a crap design?

6) Can I stop you from letting me know what logos you would like it to be similar to?

7) Will you understand that the logo you did on Microsoft Office is NOT a good starting point for me to design?

8) Do you understand that if you make hundreds of revisions, I will charge you for them?

9) Have someone ever told you that if an artist gives you a jpg of your logo as a final arwork... you really don't have it? You just have a crap jpg?

10) If by some reason you choose another artist to do your design... can you make sure he or she does in in vectors? I really can't stand people who design logos on photoshop and I refuse to redo yours someday down the line.

Thank you.

Love, Me.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Bwahaha! I might have to steal this and do a copywriter's version. (Don't worry, I'll credit ya.) Nice work, Me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...