Aug 18, 2006

WAS Review: World Trade Center

Manhattan has always been home to me. I consider myself a newyorker, even though I haven't had the pleasure of living for more than a week there. Ever since I went there almost 9 years ago, I always feel I'm home when I am there. Just arriving at La Guardia makes me happy. Walking in SoHo. Doing nothing at Central Park. Shopping for knock offs at Chinatown. Drinking Oranginas at Midtown. Admiring pieces at the MoMa. The last time I went there, it was truly one of my best days ever. So you can imagine what September 11 meant for me.

I didn't met anyone who perished there. I didn't know anyone who survived. But I suffered along with all of them, as many around the globe did. So today I saw World Trade Center by Oliver Stone. I won't go into the you need to see it stuff, because I will leave it up to you. For me it helped me remember that there is good in the world, and like Joker said... yesterday, since it's almost 1am here now, we sometimes think we have some big problems in our life, but we forget about other people's mysery. A mother, a father, a son, a daughter, a brother, a sister, a wife, a husband, even a friend dying is much horrible than any Creative Director shitting us for a couple of hours, than any bad boyfriend or girlfriend trouble or even just a bad day.

It is a very beautiful picture about the kindness of human beings and the will to stay alive. If you would like to remember for a while what it is to be simply awesome, then, by all means, go watch it.

NYC? I am coming soon. Miss you.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...