Apr 23, 2009

Five Dinner Guests that define: Me

First of all, I think WAS deserves credit for the overwhelming 5 Things that everyone is posting on Facebook on the Living Social App. Period. I said it. We did it first. WAS RULES DAMMIT.

Anyways... Long time no Five Things, right? Well here I go again. This time I "borrowed" ideas from the app - hey, they "borrowed" first, dammit - about the Five People you would love to have dinner with. Dead or Alive, doesn't matter. So let's go... In no particular order:



1) Kevin Smith.
A class act copywriter in my book. His scripts are simply amazing. I sometimes think that he's spying on us, taping our conversations. We really, really talk that way.



2) Frank Sinatra.
Come on. The Chairman of the Board? I would ask him so many questions he would have paid to get me killed by the mafia... And of course, at the end of the dinner, way drunk, I would beg for him to sing "One for my Baby". Yeah, a perfect ending... PS: I have that picture hanging on my office. Lovely...



3) George Carlin.
There are simply no words to describe him. He will always define FUNNY for me. I truly miss him. How are you doing up there, Georgie Boy? God getting specials every month or so? I envy him.



4) Annie Leibovitz.
I just really need to know if her eyes have some kind of superpower. This woman is my hero. Since I'm a frustrated photographer, this would sure be one of those nights where I would say... Fucking Epic.



5) Fidel Castro.
If there is one man that has been hated in this world for... um... forever! It's this man. He can be the dirtiest, blood sucking, evil man that has walked the Earth and... I don't give a fuck. I would pour him a Whiskey and sit down with the man and just chat. Besides, not knowing if he would kill me afterwards would be the thrill of a lifetime.

There they are. My top Five Dinner guests. Feel free to participate and tell me your list, will you.

Much love... Me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. David LaChapelle
2. Fidel Castro
3. Daniel Day Lewis
4. Kevin Smith
5. Bill Clinton

Me said...

CLINTON! Yes...

But that would be a Bar Guest for me. I need to get that man drunk so I can be the next Lewinsky... HOT!

RestrictionsApply said...

I think we've done this before (maybe we talked about it over beers), but here goes, just in case:

- Orson Welles
- Tim Burton
- Junot Diaz
- Anthony Bourdain (but he must cook)
- Elizabeth Gilbert

Me said...

Shiiiiiiit Bourdain! I forgot my man Tony...

This post should have 10 people...

Bourdain for me would be 24 hours of pure drinking while I beg for him to talk more about working the line.

His book is still one of the best I have ever read. Working on a restaurant very much resembles agency living...

Lucila said...

1. Gustav Klimt
2. Anne Rice
3. Emeril
4. Robert De Niro
5. Marshall Arisman

Joker said...

I could care less about Castro. Mom is Cuban and as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather attend his wake. For my own part though, here's ma list.

Bill Hicks: Making me laugh and think at the same time and saying things that resonate within my way of seeing life to this day. Dinner would definitely be an experience to remember.

Eddie Vedder: My life is better thanks to the music made by pearl jam. I'd at least like to thank one of them.

Jack Johnson: You can't get more laid back than Jack. great surfer, great musician, great cinematographer and definitely seems like a great guy to chill and surf with.


Douglas Adams: Out of all the writers I'd love to dine with, Adams tops Neil Gaiman, Frank Herbert and Tolkien simply because I'm sure I'd be laughing my ass off.

The Sandman AKA Oneiros: Brooding figure that is the king of dreams? Sounds like he'd have quite a few things to share don't you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...