May 24, 2010

We're not Lost anymore: my view on the end of all ends.

HUGE SPOILER ALERT. I'M WRITING ABOUT THE ENDING OF LOST. IF YOU ARE STILL WATCHING OR PLAN TO JOIN THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD THAT HAVE WATCHED IT, JUST VISIT ANOTHER BLOG FOR TODAY. HONEST. COME BACK TOMORROW. OH, AND WHEN YOU COME BACK... YOU MIGHT WANT TO IGNORE THIS POST. JUST... JUST READ BELOW. OR ABOVE. WHATEVER. JUST AVOID THIS POST. THANK YOU. NAMASTE.

If there is one thing that we WAS people love, it's Lost. Restrictions got us hooked by talking about how great it was, and at the end, I decided to rent the first season and see for myself if my friend had a point or not.

That was the last moment of my life that I had Tuesdays available. I've never - ever - seen such an amazing tv program like this one. Period. Ever. For as long as I will live, I can bet that no one will compare to what this show achieved.

And, like the story goes, all good things must come to an end. And dammit, what an end.

Last night I was a little bit upset. Huh? What the fuck, I thought. All that suffering, all that dedication and passion... and they died? Fuck! What about having a life after all this shit? I was very confused. I just went to sleep.

Now as I have been thinking and rethinking (like many Losties out there, my bet)... I decided that I love the ending. Yes. That's what we needed. Redemption. Sheer happiness and joy. And what better place to find it than with all the people you love, somewhere perfect? Somewhere where nothing is wrong, everything is just perfect if you let go? Epic shit.

The thing that made me get it today was one single fact - the one which I've known all my life. Your life is a journey and you share it with people you love. While people can enter your life and leave, some stay forever. And ever, and ever. You build the story of your life with them all around you. So it's fitting to the point of perfection that the show decided to give us that special moment when they finally can "escape" to a better life.

So yes, we do have some issues unresolved. At the end, if you look at it, they are sort of victims of two brothers fighting. At least, if you look at it from a simple, to the point angle, they were. Now, the fact was that they needed to be there and get involved - and in comes my theory - because they were flawed and they needed that amazing situation to be better people. So they needed to be involved in Jacob and Toby's fight (In my house, the smoke monster's name is Toby) to evolve, sort of speak.

I for one loved that idea. We all get together in the end and move on. I don't know where my peeps will meet. I hope it's a bar near a beach somewhere, where the tab is always open, the sun never goes down and the chips and salsa come in every 30 minutes. Oh and Oreos. We all have bucket of Oreos and we never, ever get fat.

Cheers Lost. I've enjoyed the ride and become a Lostie full circle. May the reruns be sweet and merry. I'll miss you and miss not having Tuesdays for a long time.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...