Aug 29, 2011

I feel like Tony Montana


No matter where you work, if at any time you have been a go-to person or simply stubborn to get all your tasks done, odds are that at least once in your life, you’ve felt like Tony Montana at the end of Scarface. I’m not talking about being coked up out of your mind. I’m talking about taking bullet, after bullet, after bullet and asking for more.

That’s what I feel like.

My job inbox is maxed, the emails keep coming in, the word rush has been permanently burned into my cornea and I still insist on maintaining quality… also at the bequest of a hack supervisor whom I don’t respect, but hey, that’s apparently par for the course.

Can I do it for today? Sure. You need that by 10? No problem. Do you have to revamp an entire copy deck for a website? Bring it. I can take it. I’ve got the stones, I’ve got the will power, I’ve got the energy. And while you’re at it, feel free to concoct an additional four projects for shit that doesn’t need to be done for this month so I can finish by the end of the day.

Bang.

Give me your best shot.

Bang. Bang.

Is that all you got?

Bang. Bang. Bang.

I can take it.

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

Pussy.

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

………………………………………


Why do I, along with hordes of people, take this macho attitude towards work instead of saying I need more time, stop or offer a simple no once in a while? That’s an easy question to answer… because I’m stupid and for a moment there I forgot that this wasn’t worth it.

Cheers

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...