Sep 16, 2005

A post from a Friend No 1: Guess What, I Know More Than You Do

This was sent to me by pearljamlover:

Hello, I’m 25, still green in my advertising undies and I’ve still a lot to learn. I know this, and just because of this decision of accepting the inherent fact that everyone knows a lot of things I don’t means that no matter what, at least I can learn something new everyday. Thing is that most people not only fail to realize this, but flat out dismiss the possibility that someone much younger than them could show them a thing or two about, work, life, love, understanding, music, or dare I say it…. their job. I might know more about what you do because I think I should know what you do to appreciate the BS you have to put up with every work day.

This doesn’t make me better than your average joe, but it does make me different in the sense that I need to understand what other people do, just in case I feel the need to tell them that they might be doing their job wrong. Lord knows, evidence always makes a bitch slap that much more enjoyable.

The point of this is mainly to introduce myself as the nouveau addie that is trying to not define himself stylistically although I’ve been recommended to do so. I want to be able to do everything and I admit my pompous grandeur, but as a copywriter, I value the difficulty of pulling off a mailer, a brochure or a fascinating concept. But back to the topic at hand, the title of this brief paragraph might be true to a certain degree… if you simply finish the obvious fragment that it is. Guess what, I know more than you do… about some things.

No one is omnipotent and thinking someone is always right is just ignorance on a base level. Especially the customer. As many should have learned by now, the customer is NOT always right. But for now, suffice to remind… I know more than you do…. Or do I?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...