Feb 24, 2006

Just for kicks: My money is on Vargas


I am not normal in a girly sort of way. I have many things that bother other women: I swear like a truck driver, I dress like your average fucked up teen (black, baby), I get my hair cut like a parisian whore, I prefer talking about sex rather than nail colors... and I love boxing. So, to be a complete asshole, I plan on wanting Vargas to win tomorrow's fight.

Yes my friends, I sure love two men hitting the shit out of each other. There is a great feeling of watching two machos getting it on. I developed this strange addiction when I was in college or starting out in advertising, and Tyson went down. I couldn't believe it. So that night, when I saw that this superman came down in a blaze of jabs, I decided to learn more about the sport. I asked around the guys I knew to tell me what was it all about. How you scored the fights, the strategy, the movements... the money behind it. Everything.

I started studying it. I watched every fight I could get my hands on. I also started developing a sharp eye with the fighters that were on at that time: Vargas, Trinidad, De la Hoya, Tyson, Golotta, Mosley, Holyfield... I learned a lot about this great stuff that guys were into, and for some strange reason I dug it.

Seemed weird at that time, but most women I knew didn't get me at all. I mean, I realize now there are not too many chicks out there that will scream and swear like the guys do when there is a fight going on. I used to have some get togethers at my apartment and invite everyone I knew to come and watch the fight. I'd pay for the PPV, they would pay for the beer. Then, as the night went along, the women would get themselves in a corner and chit chat about what hair color they put on their heads, while I kid around with the boys and had a great time with them.

Maybe I like this sport because there is some tension relief. I mean, we work in this shitty environment, and... come on... secretly you know we want to kick the shit out of someone we work with. Strap on the gloves, I'm up for 12 rounds with my creative director.

But trust me, I'd fight dirty and bite lower than Tyson. That's for sure.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was actually rooting for Vargas but thought Mosley would win. Argh. oh well, wonder what Travis won though jejeje.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...