Apr 3, 2006

The importance of a foul word


Again taking into account the fact that there are some minor repercussions for utilizing foul language, one has to take into account the true strength of a word to value it and not deem it almost illegal to utilize it. Knowing this here are a few toned down examples to show how important foul language is to our way of expression:

Tony Montana interpreted through the voice of censored reason:

▪ You know what capitalism is? Gettin' filet mignoned!

▪ Gosh darn Caspar Gomez, and poop the poopie Diaz Brothers! Poop 'em all! I bury those cockaroaches!

▪ You think I kill two kids and a woman? Not that! I don't need that stuff in my life! [sees that Alberto is about to detonate the car bomb] You die, mother lover! [shoots Alberto in the face, killing him] What you think I am? What you think, I a gosh darned' worm, like you? I told you, man! I told you, don't anger me! I told you, no poopie' kids! No, but you wouldn't listen! Well, you stupid bird! Look at you now.

▪ I'm Tony Montana! You bother with me, you’re bothering with the best!
▪ You wanna bugger me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!

Kinda doesn’t have the same kick good ol tony had right? But then again, this movie was originally rated X by people who deemed it inappropriate because of its ultra violent language and fcuk friendly dialogue. To me censorship is endlessly more damaging to society than foul language, then again, this is me talking, not the whole population. I just wanted to at least show instances where you need “bad” language to get your point across and although it’s a linguistic crutch for many people, I hardly believe the artistic merit of a book, a movie or a song should be attacked do to a few or a lot of questionable words.





Image taken from Reggy's Paintings at: http://www.moviexplosion.com/xmainusa.html

1 comments:

RestrictionsApply said...

Just imagine what any Q. Tarantino film would be like without foul language.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...