Apr 25, 2006

Thou shalt curb thy inner rocker

If you’re a rock fan and you just happened to love how chock full of goodies ’05 was, get ready, 06 is just starting to heat up. I’ve heard of wonderful one-two combinations but cds from my two favorite bands on the same day? What God did I please?

May 2nd:

Tool 10,000 days: If you like your rock heavy, dark, ominous yet beautifully made, then this is your band. Maynard James Keenan sounds like a fallen angel should sound and the band creates a soundscape worthy of post-apocalyptic lore. With all the dark ominous things that are happening I have to admit I’m dying to see what these guys will pull out of their sleeves. Just one week away.

If that wasn’t enough, the Greatest band to see live in the world is coming back with a heavy dose of testosterone some people claim has been absent for the last two or three albums. I’d openly disagree but since I’m pretty much one of the biggest Pearl Jam marks ever, I’ll just dismiss naysayers and count the days until I can unwrap my most delicious gift from me to me: their new album.

May 9th

Red Hot Chili Peppers double album… Yes you read correctly, the kings of funky rock are back to slay another dragon with enough music to make you go comatose. For die-hard fans, I’ve been told a special super deluxe box set will be available. It’s worth 50 bucks but I’m even thinking about buying the thing. Let’s see how Father Money is doing in those days.

Other MAJOR notables.

Audioslave unleashes another album. The band keeps getting better and with a recovered Chris Cornell, the vocal prowess should be deliciously ear blasting.

Mars Volta will probably put out another album by the end of the year. If you haven’t heard this band you are doing yourself a disservice. Style, energy, talent and some of the most messed up and honest lyrics you will ever hear. They’d have you looking in the dictionary if you didn’t insist on trying to self provoke a massive case of whiplash via head banging.

Radiohead is rather quiet… I hope that means they are brewing something.

What else will happen in ’06? I dunno but I can’t help but want to find out. So rockers rejoice, tis a good year to nt give a damn about rap, dismiss pop altogether, slay country and crank up the decibles to piss off your neighbors as you show them what real music sounds like.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...