Jun 12, 2006

Things that suck: Cats


What an annoying and snobbish pet, dammit. I truly don't like cats because they simply don't give a damn about their owners. Hey, hey. Don't come all whining at me. I had cats. Many of them. And all of them were complete assholes. I gave them food, shelter and a nice rubdown once in a while. All I asked was that when I got home, they would say hi in some way. I mean, they at least should acknowledge the fact that I was home, right?

Um. No. I came in and they were like... oh. You're here. Great. Now feed me, bitch. Cats suck.

Dogs are the best thing ever. They go all nuts when you walk in the door. I have a small little dog that goes bonkers when I see him. He jumps, barks and runs like he needs Prozac... and that's just when I'm outside the door jigling the keys. I call him and he comes to me. Every single time. Try that with a cat. They will check their agendas, see if they have anything better to do... and maybe they'll come around to walk thru your feet. Oh... have a tuna can in hand and but of course, you have become their best friend.

My Masters Degree on why cats suck happened around the 80's. I had a cat who was with us for at least 5 years. One fine morning, the idiot decided to flee. Weeks go by, we don't find the stupid cat. We think either he went to another house or he was dead. We mourned him and went on with our lives. Months go by, and suddenly the bastard comes walking in. Like a true snob, he walks in with the biggest ego, ever. I'm in shock. He looks beat. I figured he survived all this time at the street, and he didn't like it no more. Great, my cat returned. But... he's not alone. The dude brought a chick cat with him.

They walk to the food, both eat, very romantic. I'm still watching, 'cause I can't believe the balls on this animal. No hello, no nothing. He's just hungry, and so is his gal pal. So, after a nice meal, that cat proceeds to walk out the door. He never came back. Talk about all the time I gave him. Love? Food? A nice bed? Oh. Nothing. I was used.

Oh well. Men. What can you expect? Cats suck. Period.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but i don't agree with you. I've just started getting to know cats and experienced living with them like for the last 2 years and they are very convenient. They're clean, you don't have to do shit to get them to shit in the proper place, and you can say they are pretty much like us. We don't always love we get mad and look for love when we need it just like cat. Every time i come home my cat greets me with a meow and a little lick on the nose. I like dogs too, i grew up with dogs, but i have love for both, they just happen to have pros and cons. I'd much rather hear a cute little cat's meow than an annoying bark anyday.

pyl said...

Cats have attitude, thats what i love abt them. I have had 8 cats till date.. i can't think of one time when i wasn't greeted with love and affection. Am sorry i have to disagree with you. cats are the coolest, cleanest and smartest pets one can have. I have also had kittens who just decided to roll off the earth, only to find them after a month or two, doing just fine, but dropping in to say a hi! perhaps they are descendents of Descrate since they live by "i think, therefore i am"

SchizoFishNChimps said...

Cats poo in our garden and murder the wildlife. I can't do much about the former other than hone my Supersoaker Water Gun skills from the bedroom window (splattering the neighbours' cats when they're about to dump in my vegetable patch is gratifying). I do wish cat owners would put bells on the homicidal little sods though, and give Spring fledglings a chance.

Anonymous said...

Cats are deeply centered little beings. If you don't keep applying human personalities to them ("owned by a cat", "feed me bitch", etc.) they are really amazingly cool. Doggies too. But I'm a kitty person.

Anonymous said...

oh Me, with cats, what you put out really is what you get back... as technically, you and your family created the personality of that aloof creature, just as if it was a child.

Every cat should wear a bell-collar, should not be allowed out at night, and get the occassional water-soaker to the butt if they get in the garden... just like human kids. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...